• Each Monday you will receive an inspirational devotional. The first, written by Pastor Don MacLafferty, is shared below.
• On Tuesday – Thursday, you will receive a daily “Heart Challenge” and suggested prayer requests for that day. These prayer requests are only to get you started praying. Pray as the Holy Spirit leads you.
• On Friday you will receive an inspiring prayer testimony, along with prayer requests for the weekend.
It’s that simple. You can take this journey on your own, with your church, or with a friend. Prayer partners are great to have, so pray about who to invite with you on this journey.
1. Dig deeper: Pray over, study, or listen to the Revival and Reformation resources that we will share each week. They are strategically chosen to help you take the current week’s theme much deeper.
2. Choose 7 names: Pray and ask God who you should pray for during 40 Days of Prayer. After praying, choose 7 (or more) names of individuals you feel God asking you to specifically focus on. Make a list on your phone, or on a piece of paper, and keep it visible and accessible. Maybe make a few reminders on your phone, or your calendar to pray specifically for these 7 names during the day. Claim John 5:14-16 as you pray for them each day and watch what God will do in answer to your fervent prayers.
3. Pray with others: Join the online 24-hour prayer room for at least 30 minutes a day with other believers during this 40 Days of Prayer:
4. Fast to feast: Pray about the possibility of setting aside some things during the 40 days so that you can more clearly hear God’s call and respond to His voice. We’re not advising you to fast from food, but perhaps you might be impressed to turn off the Television, get off social media, step away from secular entertainment, rich desserts, or some other activity that you feel God convicting you to surrender during this time. Remember, we don’t earn God’s favor by abstinence in any form, but as one has said, “We fast from the world so we can feast on Jesus.”
Is feasting on Jesus your true heart’s desire? If so, God has something special in store for you during this coming 40 Days of Prayer.
For today, ask God what He’s wanting from you during the 40 Days of Prayer as you read the following inspirational challenge, “God Still Calls.”
Hver uke sender vi ut et nyhetsbrev med informasjon og nyheter fra inn- og utland. Hold deg oppdatert på det som skjer i Adventistkirken!
Om Syvendedags Adventistkirken
Velkommen til den offisielle websiden for Syvendedags Adventistkirken i Norge. Adventistkirken, som vi kalles i dagligtale, er en verdensomspennende, protestantisk frikirke med om lag 20 millioner voksne medlemmer. I Norge er vi ca 4 500 medlemmer fordelt på 56 menigheter fra nord til sør.
Vi håper at du kommer til å bli bedre kjent med oss og det vi står for, mens du bruker disse sidene.